The best was certainly saved for last as the final Robinson Services and D&P Cricket Player of the Week award of the 2020 season goes to North Down’s Ruhan Pretorius.
Pretorius was in frightening form on Saturday against Instonians, blasting 120* from 56 balls (seven fours, nine sixes) to help his side progress to the Robinson Services Cup final, where they beat Waringstown by seven wickets to lift the title.
The 29-year-old also scored 47 from 38 deliveries in the decider, putting on a second-wicket partnership of 66 with captain Alistair Shields.
As a reward for his weekend performance, Pretorius earns a £50 voucher for equipment at D&P Cricket.
- Jay Hunter scored 53 to help Cregagh win the Robinson Services Trophy title with a six-run victory over Muckamore on Saturday.
- Cliftonville Academy all-rounder Matthew McCord picked up figures of 3-10 before hitting 44 as they beat Derriaghy by four wickets off the final ball.
- Waringstown fast bowler James Mitchell took four wickets as his side progressed past CIYMS in the Robinson Services Cup semi-final.
- Lee Nelson also picked up four wickets, including a hat-trick, in the final over of the same game before playing what turned out to be a crucial innings as the Villagers got past CIYMS on fewer wickets lost.
- There was also four wicket hauls for North Down’s Paul Stirling (4-18), Aaron McKinley (Muckamore, 4-37) and Downpatrick captain Ross Roultwood (4-13).
Week One – Sam Gordon
Week Two – Chris Dougherty
Week Three – Marc Ellison
Week Four – Ross Adair
Week Five – Jack Dickson
Week Six – Max Burton